Donations and Support: RGV District- Texas Golden Gloves Association
RGV -Texas Golden Gloves Association is a non for profit organization which could not complete our goals without the generous support from others who support our programs and mission.
Each year our association provides greatly needed equipment to clubs and athletes within the Rio Grande Valley area . This equipment provides safety for the athletes and insures proper training and growth of skills.
Every February we host the annual RGV District Golden Gloves tournament in which amateur boxers throughout the Rio Grande Valley compete for several days and receive greatly deserved recognition for their abilities with achievement awards. Open class Senior boxers from each weight category advance to Ft. Worth Texas and compete for the State Title representing the valley area as the RGV Golden Gloves Team Champions. Our association provides all team members with uniforms, transportation, lodging , and meals during the duration of their week long competition in Ft. Worth. They are closely supervised and physical conditioning continues during this time through the support of the RGV Team Manager and Chief of Officials which accompany the team to Ft. Worth.
Throughout the year instructors conduct free clinics to coaches and youth regarding self esteem, physical and mental development, nutrition, and healthy eating habits to insure quality instruction and healthy development among our youth within the Rio Grande Valley area.
Support can come in many different forms and each is welcome by our association.
* Sports Equipment: We gladly accept donations of good quality items that can be distributed by our association to clubs and athletes in need.
* Gift Certificates: Gift certificates can be utilized to purchase educational/athletic items for athletes and can be financially viable for us as raffle items or silent auction fundraiser.
* Auction Items: During our Golden Gloves tournament we may host a silent auction or ebay auction to raise funds for expenses of advancing athletes.
* Program Advertisement Purchase: Each year we print a program ad booklet which is distributed during the event and across the valley promoting your company and recognizing your strong support for our community programs.
* Monetary Contributions: We accept donations via check or money order which assist us financially with expenses for advancing athletes.
* Meal Contributions: Greatly appreciated for officials who volunteer their time during events.
VTS Valley Trophy Service
C & C Wings
Luke Fruia Motors
City of Brownsville
Parks & Recreation
Sun Loan Company
City of Port Isabel Texas